Khwai Tented Camp (African Bush Camps)
Khwai Tented Camp is situated in a private community-run concession on the eastern border of Moremi Game Reserve. The Khwai River forms a boundary between the reserve and the community area, and as the sole source of water for miles around attracts wildlife from afar. As the game reserve is community-run, a percentage of tourism fees go directly to help local people and projects through the Khwai Community Development Trust.
Guests will enjoy spacious tented accommodation in six twin–bedded Meru-style tents, complete with comfortable beds and private en-suite bathrooms with flushing toilets and hot-water bucket showers
As part of a community concession, Khwai Tented Camp allows guests to enjoy night drives and walking activities (which are not permitted in the National Parks). Game drives in open 4WD vehicles are on offer as part of the daily activities. Exploring after dark with spotlights gives guests an opportunity to discover the nocturnal animals which are rarely encountered during the day.
There is the added opportunity to explore the surrounding wilderness on foot and enjoy a close encounter with flora and fauna.
- Community concession allows guided walks in addition to day and night game drives
- Exclusive site on the banks of the Khwai River provides a habitat quite different from the western section of Moremi Game Reserve
- Great Leadwood and Mopane woodlands can be found in close proximity to open grasslands and the Khwai River
- Day trips into Moremi Game Reserve and Mokoro trips can be organised by prior arrangement
- Wildlife includes lion, cheetah, leopard, wild dog, as well as a multitude of other animals, including elephant, buffalo, zebra, hippo and giraffe